The Falcon

• Happy Random Acts of Kindness week

• Congratulations Ashton Legaspi, Spelling Bee winner!

• Monday, Mar. 26 - Spring Break

• Monday, Feb.19 - President's Day Holiday

• Friday, Feb.16 - President's Day Holiday

The Last Jedi is actually one of the best trilogy movies in the Star Wars franchise (Spoilers!!!)

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.ne

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.ne

Natania Cortez

The Last Jedi is the most recent Star Wars movie, being released on December 14, 2017. The movie was directed by Rian Johnson and introduced a new character, Rose Tico. The film was a continuation of 2015’s, The Force Awakens, starring new and old actors and actresses. Mark Hamill, was Luke Skywalker, Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren, and Daisy Ridley as Rey. Carrie Fisher, who has now passed, played Leia Organa, the leader of the Resistance. Kelly Marie Tran, who played the newest character, Rose Tico, played a large role in the plot of the movie. Along, with the major character development between both Kylo Ren and Rey. With enough parts of action, comedy, and sci-fi, The Last Jedi, is definitely one of the most underrated movies in the entire Star Wars Trilogy.

My stance on the entire movie is that it was great, from beginning to the end. The scene where Kylo Ren and Rey test the strength of their force bond shows the character chemistry between the two, despite the huge differences in sides the two have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Not to mention the scene where Luke Skywalker totally embarrassed Kylo Ren by just brushing off the AT-ATs’ fire. For further insight on the movie and another viewer’s opinion, I interviewed Zerek Zeman.“I felt happy because it was a good movie,” were his feelings and opinion on the movie. Going to the scene where Kylo Ren and Rey teamed up in the red room, Zerek commented,”I thought Kylo Ren was going to betray and kill Rey.” When brought to the topic on a surprise appearance from an original and old character, his response was much like other viewers;“I was like YES!”

Going back to the movie and the sequence of events, the movie started off with Rey (Daisy Ridley) talking to ‘Jedi Master’, Mark Hamill’s Luke Skywalker, as a continuation of where the previous movie, ‘The Force Awakens,’ left off. The film featured new creatures, such as the Porg, an adorable inspiration from some penguins that the film director, Rian Johnson had seen in a zoo, and the Crystal Fox, or the Vulptex. The movie went on to show that the ‘mother ship’ as I like to call it, or the main Resistance ship–with all the important Resistance commanders– is in the midst of an escape from the Empire, and runs into an unexpected problem. Kylo Ren, who is one of the main villains of the movie, is the son of Princess Leia/General Organa and Han Solo, also the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, popularly known as Darth Vader. Kylo Ren was named Ben Solo, but gained his present title as Kylo Ren when he joined the Sith/Dark Side and the group, The Knights Of Ren. Rey, is a scavenger (kudos to Kylo Ren for the nickname), from the planet Jakku, and is also the main heroine and Kylo Ren’s enemy in the film. She was first seen in the trilogy, ‘The Force Awakens.’

In conclusion and my opinion, The Last Jedi, is an underrated and great movie in the Star Wars trilogy. The choreography, or the lay out of the fighting, is smooth and great. The CGI is amazing, and the new creatures and characters, along with the small details/Easter eggs, such as a character from ‘The Clone Wars,’ Rex’s appearance in line with rebel fighters. The movie overall is amazing, with great composition and amazing acting, with very little cheesiness and cliche moments.